All measurements are listed in inches. Approximate sizes (ie. S/M/L) are a guideline and should not take precedent over a careful review of the detailed measurements provided.
Clothing items are measured laying flat. Remember, the measurements given are of the garment and you should account for comfort when taking your own measurements (1-2 inches of wiggle room is a good rule of thumb). You may want to compare the measurements given with those of another garment you already own that fits well. Where appropriate, I will provide fit notes.
How I measure:
1. Skirt length is measured from waistband to hem. dress length is measured from shoulder to hem, or shoulder to waist seam, and waist seam to hem.
2.Bust is measured from armpit to armpit, then doubled.
3. Waist is measured at natural waistline (approximately 5 inches below bust line), then doubled.
4. Hips are measured across where an average low hip falls (approximately 7 inches below waistline), then doubled. We recommend taking your own hip measurement at your widest spot.
5. Shoulders are measured across the back from shoulder seam to shoulder seam.
6. Sleeves are measured from the shoulder seam to wrist hem.
We, McGee uses the US Women's Size Chart: www.womenssizechart.com as a guide for assigning S/M/L sizes.
Sizing Guide (approximate)
size | bust | waist | hips
XS: 32-34 | 22 - 25 1/2 | 33-36 1/2
S: 34-35 | 26-27 1/2 | 37-38 1/2
M: 36-37 1/2 | 28-30 | 39-41
L: 38-40 1/2 | 31-33 | 42-44
XL: 42 + | 34 + | 45 +
The above is a general guideline on how we determine the approximate modern size equivalent. These sizes should not take precedence over taking your own measurements.